IRIS RAMOS, ESQ.
You will not find a more hardworking and dedicated attorney than Iris Ramos. A native of Puerto Rico, Attorney Ramos moved with her family to Minnesota over twenty years ago in search of a better quality of life. Through great effort and commitment, she became fluent in English within one year. She applies this type of diligence when handling client matters.
While attending one of the top twenty law schools in the country, she was a Judicial Extern for Chief Judge Michael J. Davis in the Federal District Court of Minnesota and was involved in the Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association and was President of the Latino Law Student Alliance. After graduation, she worked for a small litigation law firm where she received hands-on legal experience in a wide range of subjects. She opened this firm with a vision of helping individuals, including immigrants, achieve their legal needs by providing caring, supportive and high quality service.
• J.D. University of Minnesota Law School
• B.A. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
• Minnesota Supreme Court
• U.S. District of Minnesota
Membership and Volunteer Work
• Board Member- Collaborative Community Law Initiative (CCLI)
• Board Member- Latino Economic Development Center
• Chair- Latino Scholarship Fund Committee
• Limited Scope Attorney-Family Court, Hennepin County
• Advisory Attorney- Consulate of Mexico
• Legal Clinic Services- Tubman Law Clinic
• Member- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
• Volunteer Attorney- Immigrant Law Center
• Member- Minnesota State Bar Association
• Member- Hennepin County Bar Association
• Volunteer Attorney- Metropolitan Economic Development Association
• Weekly Radio Show on Legal Topics- La Raza 1400/1470AM and 95.7FM
• Volunteer and Mentor- Latina Youth Leadership Academy
ANDREA PEÑA ESQ.
Andrea Peña is an Associate Attorney at the Law Office of Iris Ramos LLC practicing in the areas of both Family and Immigration Law. Andrea joined the firm in August 2019 after having received her Juris Doctorate from Mitchell Hamline School of Law in May 2019.
Prior to working at the Law Office of Iris Ramos, Andrea was a legal assistant at the Office of the Federal Defender assisting on Federal Criminal Defense cases and had worked as an Immigration Paralegal at this firm and another private firm before attending law school. Andrea has several years of immigration and legal experience that she is eager to put to use to serve the Hispanic community in Minnesota. She hopes to one day expand her areas of practice to include employment based immigration as well as Federal and State criminal defense.
In her free time Andrea enjoys learning about beauty and fashion, exploring new brunch spots in Minneapolis and spending time with her family and dog Ronny. She is fluent in both English and Spanish and is a native of Chicago, Illinois with her parents and husband both originating from Mexico.
J.D. Mitchell Hamline School of Law
B.A. Hamline University
Minnesota Supreme Court
Membership and Volunteer Work:
Member – Minnesota State Bar Association
Member – Hennepin County Bar Association
Volunteer Attorney – Advocates for Human Rights
Speaker and Mentor – CLUES Latino Youth Conference
Weekly Radio Show Guest on Legal Topics – La Raza 1400/1470AM and 95.7FM